The Gate theatre is looking for an assistant director to work with Anthony Simpson-Pike who will direct The Ridiculous Darkness
The production dates are as follows:
Rehearsals: 28 January - 23 February
Technical Rehearsals: w/c 25 February
First preview: 27 February
Press night: 5 March
Run ends: 23 March
Please do not apply if you are not available for all or the majority of the period up to Press Night.
The Gate Theatre is looking for an assistant director who:
Desirable (but not essential)
- Has the ability to be supportive and sensitive in the rehearsal room.
- Can provide a strong reason for wanting to work on The Ridiculous Darkness.
- Practices a rigorous approach to textual analysis and dramaturgy.
- Can articulate how this experience will inform their artistic development.
HOW TO APPLY
- Has some experience of working with movement.
The application should be typed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject, The Ridiculous Darkness- Assistant Director. Please email Anthony if you would like to read the script in advance of submitting your application
. The application will require a directing CV (no more than two pages), an Equal Opportunities Form
and a letter (one A4 page) detailing:
We are particularly keen to hear from applicants from underrepresented communities in the theatre industry.
- Why you are interested in assisting on this particular project.
- What the project will mean in terms of your artistic development.
- The skills and experience you can bring to the rehearsal room and production.
Please fill out our equal opportunities form and attach with your application.
There is a fee of £1537 to cover the rehearsal period at 30 hours per week for a 5 week period. The assistant director is welcome to attend any rehearsals beyond these hours on a voluntary basis but this is not required. Specific rehearsal hours you will be required for will be agreed in advance with the director. The assistant director may be required to undertake research and attend meetings prior to the rehearsal period.
CLOSING DATE AND SELECTION PROCESS
The deadline for applications is Thursday 6th December, 2018.
DUE TO A CHANGE IN SCHEDULE, INTERVIEWS WILL NOW TAKE PLACE ON WEDNESDAY 12TH DECEMBER.