Using our Website
- This website is owned by the Gate Theatre Company Limited (also called the Gate Theatre). Please feel free to use our website for your own personal, non-commercial educational use. Please don’t use the Gate’s website for your own commercial reasons.
- Unfortunately we can’t give permission for you to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, or create derivative works from, transfer or sell any content obtained from this website. But we do make exceptions for any copying, distribution or reproduction that is necessary for any non-commercial use. Please contact our General Manager on 020 7229 5387 if you are seeking permission to do this.
- All the contents of our website is protected by intellectual property rights. Please don’t reproduce any part of this website, in any form without the prior consent of the Gate Theatre.
- Although we’re sure you wouldn’t, you may not, in any way, alter this website or post onto or transmit to this website any material containing software viruses or files which may damage or disrupt the good working order of any computer or telecommunications equipment.
- This website may contain links to websites that aren’t operated by us. This means the operation of these websites is out of our control. We also don’t endorse or sponsor, and we aren’t liable for any third party links.Users Under 18
-If you are under 18 years old, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide Personal Information to The Gate Theatre website. We can’t allow users without consent to input Personal Information onto our website.
-The Gate Theatre collects personal information so that we can process ticket orders. Personal information is any information which can identify you. This could be your name, address details, contact details such as email address and telephone number, country of residence and credit and debit card details.
-We will only keep personal information when you use one of the services available on our website, such as subscribing to one of our email lists or when purchasing tickets. Personal information will be held on the Box Office system (in our case, provided by Spektrix) and used for operational purposes such as processing and for mailing list subscriptions. This is also true for data relating to what type of shows you see and if you visit us for any of our accessible performances.
-In order to process a transaction, we might need to pass your personal information and card details to third party service providers, for example our box office system provider, Spektrix.
-Spektrix captures card and address details via the Gate Theatre website and transfers them to the Payment Service Provider YesPay. Spektrix is PCI Level 1 compliant and does not store full card numbers in the system.
-We will only ever use card details for the purpose of handling individual transactions and all sensitive data is encrypted in transit.
-If you’d like to see exactly what data we hold on you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to General Manager, Gate Theatre, 12 Pembridge Road, Notting Hill, London W11 3HL. You may also need to pay a fee to obtain this information.
-If you decided not to use the Gate Theatre’s services anymore and you wish to be removed from our mailing lists and your account to be made inactive, please inform us in writing or by email, using the details above. We promise to remove you from our database within 10 working days.
-We reserve the right to keep a record of any correspondence and incorporate the information it contains into our database.
-If, for any reason, we are required by law or requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating potentially illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we have to do so. We may also disclose personal information to appropriate third parties to assist in anti-fraud checks and investigations.
-When you subscribe to one of our email lists, we will use your personal information to keep you up-to-date with events and activities that we organise.
-When you join one of our email lists you are also given the opportunity to opt in to receiving information from other organisations that the Gate believes you might like to hear from and learn about. We will only pass on your personal information for marketing purposes if you have ticked the box to let us know you are happy for us to do so. You can ask us to change your preferences by emailing email@example.com
-You can also email us to let us know if you feel we have made an error, or if you’d like clarification on any of this Policy.
-The majority of productions you'll book for on this website are produced by the Gate. However, we sometimes work with co-producers and partners to bring you exciting work. When you agree to be on the producer's email and/or postal mailing list and are booking for a show where the Gate isn't the only presenter, your email or postal details may be shared with those organisations. If you would prefer not to be contacted, please untick the relevant boxes when booking.
-We generate log files every time someone visits our website. These help us to keep track of any errors and also things like failed log-in attempts.
- The log file records when you visited our site, any files that were requested, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the referrer URL (if available) and the browser version.
- Even though we include your IP address in the information that is collected, we rarely link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that you remain anonymous. However, if we feel we need to protect our services or users, or need to force compliance, we can use IP addresses to identify a user if it is necessary.
-From time to time we conduct email / telephone/ face-to-face surveys and promotions. This might mean that we request information from you so we can continue to develop and improve our services. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you always have a choice whether or not to disclose any information which might be required.Google Analytics
-We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors to our website use it and navigate around it. We use this information so we can accurately report to funders such as Arts Council England. We are also constantly striving to be better and we analyse usage of our website so that we can continually work to create a better user experience.
For more information on Cookies, please visit:
Please note the above websites are not controlled by the Gate Theatre, so we can’t be responsible for their content.